- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves 2 t chopped fresh oregano
- 1 t chopped fresh thyme 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped 2 T organic vegetable broth
- 2 t fresh lemon juice 1/2 t salt
- 2 T extra vigin olive oil 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese,
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine grated and divided
Place spinach in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic. Microwave on High for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove plastic and cool slightly. Place spinach, almonds and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor. Process until chopped. Add broth, juice and salt, pulse 5 times. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Scrape into a bowl. Stir in half of cheese. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook pasta, drain and toss with 1/2 pesto. Serve and top with remaining pesto and cheese.